NDLM – Course Content completes training for NDLM
Definition of Digital Literacy
Digital Literacy is the ability of individuals and communities to understand and use digital technologies for meaningful actions within life situations.
Appreciation of Digital Literacy/
Levels of training
The two levels of IT training envisaged under the Scheme is as follows :
- Appreciation of Digital Literacy (Level 1) :
- Objective : To make a person IT literate, so that he/ she can operate digital devices, like mobile phones, tablets, etc., send and receive emails and search Internet for information, etc.
- Course duration : 20 Hours (Minimum 10 Days and Maximum 30 Days)
- Basics of Digital Literacy (Level 2) :
- Objective : Besides IT literacy at a higher level, the citizen would also be trained to effectively access the various e-Governance services being offered to the citizen by the Government and other agencies.
- Course duration : 40 Hours (Minimum 20 Days and Maximum 60 Days)
- Medium of instruction of both the courses : Official Languages of India
- All the households where none of the person in the age group of 14 to 60 years are IT literate would become eligible for consideration under the Scheme.
- For Level 1 training : Non-IT literate – Illiterate and upto 7th standard pass
- For Level 2 training : Non-IT literate with atleast 8th standard pass
Financial assistance for various categories include:
- 75% of course fee for General category trainees (25% of the course fee to be borne by trainees).
- 100% of course fee for SC/ ST and BPL category trainees.
- Level 1 course fee : For SC/ ST/ BPL Households, no training fee payable and for General candidates, course fee of Rs. 125 is applicable.
- Level 2 course fee : For SC/ ST/ BPL Households, no training fee payable and for General candidates, course fee of Rs. 250 is applicable.
To encourage the candidates from BPL category, each of the BPL category candidate would be provided wage loss compensation based on the average MNREGA wage rates i.e. Rs. 15/- per hour for undergoing IT Literacy Training. The wage compensation rates will be Rs. 300/- and Rs. 600/- respectively for Level 1 and 2 courses, respectively. The wage loss compensation would be directly credited into the bank account of the BPL category beneficiaries by the Programme Management Unit (PMU) on being awarded certificate by the certifying agency.
NGOs, Industry, Government authorized centres, Common Services Centres (CSCs) and authorized educational institutions with appropriate infrastructure will be utilised to train and empower ten lakh citizens on IT literacy in select Gram Panchayat/ Blocks/ Districts of each State/ UT. The training will be held at various training locations including CSCs, Adult Literacy Centres, NIELIT Centres, RSETI, NGOs involved in IT Literacy, etc.
A detailed implementation plan is as below:
- Household survey
- Eligible households identified
- Each household to nominate one person from the family
- Nominated person to be enrolled in the nearest NDLM Training Centre using their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number
- Unique Username and Password to be provided to the beneficiary
- Learners to study the self learning e-modules through the LMS
- Continuous assessment at the end of each module Attendance on a daily-basis using Aadhaar number
- On fulfilling the minimum number of learning hours and successful completion of assessment, the learners will be eligible to appear for national level examination.
- Certificates will be issued to successful candidates.